Sunday, January 17, 2010

John.L.Cooper from Skillet said at night of joy 2009

Skillet
John.L.Cooper

"... stand up for your faith. All you people who are not ashamed to say this is the year that I will be more passionate, more radical in my faith for Jesus than I've ever been before. This is not a joke. Because we all talk about a God who can change the world. We all talk about it, and think we all believe it, but here's what I think, I wanna say to you tonight, what I think God might wanna say to you tonight. Is yes God can change the world, but who do you think He's going to use to do it? Stop waiting around for someone else to step up. Stop waiting for your youth pastor, stop waiting for your parents, stop waiting for your friends. Cuz I got a word for you tonight, is that sometimes you're not going to have a buddy that stands with you. Sometimes you're not going to have a friend that'll says I'm gonna support you. It's better when you do, but guess what all of you Christians out here, you don't have to have somebody to stand with you. You've got the God of the Universe on your side.... I will start preaching up in here if I have to now. I don't know about you guys, I don't wanna waste 2009, 2010, on who's gonna have the coolest MySpace page in the world. I don't know know about you, but having the awesomest prom date doesn't mean anything to me anymore either. I don't want to get to the end of my life and realize I've wasted it, so Skillet wants to encourage you tonight. Don't wait for someone else to stand up. Live your live AWAKE, live your life like you're ALIVE. And know this, there is a war going on every day for your soul. And every time you go to the mall or the check-out line at the grocery story, and you see all those stupid magazines with how you can be awesome this year, how you can be thin and cool... There is a war going on every day for what actually matters in life. Every single day you get up, there is a war. I want to tell you, this is your life. Don't let somebody tell you how to live it, what to believe. Don't let somebody tell you, 'this is what you've got to do to fit in.' This is your life, and it is your time and it's your generation to make a difference for Christ. We want to encourage you this year to live for Him this year 2009. Thank you guys for coming so much, we've got one more song. We love you. Have a great night





watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hm-VyCNHQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment